PAB sponsors a panel each year at the national conferences of both the American Planning Association (APA) and the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning (ACSP).
2020– Session: Planning Education and Digital Evolution
- Planning Education and Digital Evolution (Lieber) (PDF)
- Planning Education and Digital Evolution: Experience at Columbia University (Wu) (PDF)
2019 – Session: PAB Accreditation: Value for the Profession?
2018 – Session: Innovation in Planning Education and Accreditation
2017 – Session: The Role of Professionals in Student Learning Assessment
2016 – Session: Reversing the Decline in Planning School Enrollment
- Joint Task Force on Enrollment Report – APA Conference (Mitchell) (PDF)
- Joint Task Force on Enrollment Report – ACSP Conference (Takahashi) (PDF)
- School of Landscape Architecture and Planning, University of Arizona (Johnson) (PDF)
- APA California Chapter (Wong) (PDF)
2015 – Session: Preparing the Next Generation of Planners
- The View from the University (Ozawa) (PDF)
- Planning Tomorrow: Knowledge, Skills and Values for the Future (Dalton) (PDF)
- Preparing the Next Generation of Planners (Costa) (PDF)
2014 – Session: Academic and Community Collaborative Curriculum
- Academic and Community Collaborations: Partnership Opportunities Await! (Chapin) (PDF)
- Silicon Valley as a Laboratory For Community-Engaged Learning: Spartan-Keyes Collaborative Neighborhood Planning (Nixon) (PDF)
- Zuni Pueblo MainStreet Program (Jojola) (PDF)
2012 – Session: Where’s the Diversity?
- Recruitment and Retention of Underrepresented Faculty of Color in ACSP Member Programs: Status and Recommendations (Umemoto et al) (PDF)
- Where is the diversity? Kansas State University’s Story (Rolley) (PDF)
2011 – Session: Keeping the Curriculum Current
- Crowdsourcing the Curriculum (Evans-Cowley) (PDF)
2010 – Session: Assessing Planning Education
The following panelists presented an analysis of data collected by the APA and AICP through periodic job analysis and salary surveys.
- How Do Planners Specialize? Implications for Planning Schools and Professional Associations (Dalton) (PDF)
- Does Planning School Payoff for Planning Practitioners? (Hoch) (PDF)
- Sector Choices in Planning: A Diagnosis (Maghelal) (PDF)
- On the Job Expectations, Experience, and Planning Education (Ozawa et al) (PDF)