Last Modified: 05/25/2021
Planning Accreditation Board (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.planningaccreditationboard.org (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:·
- On this Website.
- In email, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- In surveys linked from the Website to a third-party survey service.
It does not apply to information collected by:·
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or·
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
|Children Under the Age of 16|
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
|Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It|
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:·
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, title, organization, and e-mail address, (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your comments on a survey linked from the Website.
We collect this information:·
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From third parties, for example, our vendors.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, location, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
|Information You Provide to Us|
The information we collect on or through our Website may include: Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided to sign up to receive the PAB newsletter. Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us. Personal Information and comments you provide to us on a survey linked from our Website.
|How We Use Your Information|
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:·
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email at one of the email addresses listed on the Website.
|Disclosure of Your Information|
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it and for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent. For example, your comments on a survey may be posted publicly on the Website with your consent. These comments may be posted with personal information provided by you, such as your name and organization.
We may also disclose your personal information:·
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, or others.
|Accessing and Correcting Your Information|
|Additional Privacy Rights|
Privacy laws in your jurisdiction may provide you with certain additional rights. If you wish to confirm that Company is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data Company may have about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request information about: the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; who else outside Company might have received the data from Company; what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to Company); and how long it will be stored. In many jurisdictions, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how Company processes your personal data. When technically feasible, Company will, at your request, provide your personal data to you or transmit it indirectly to another controller.
Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost upon request made to email@example.com. If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, Company will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, Company will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Planning Accreditation Board
2334 W. Lawrence Ave. – Suite 209
Chicago, IL 60625