The new 2022 Accreditation Standards are effective January 1, 2023. PAB will revise its Self-Study Report Manual and Template, and related accreditation documents, to align with the new standards. Updated manuals and documents will be available on the PAB website.
The process and timelines for amending the standards, as specified in the operating procedures of PAB, is as follows:
- June 25, 2021: Draft 1 of Amendment to Accreditation Standards Approved by PAB
- July 30 – August 30, 2021: First 30-day public comment period; all comments posted to PAB website
- October 2021: Draft 2 of Amendment released to APA/AICP, ACSP and the public
- November 2021: Second 30-day comment period, including advisory recommendations from AICP Commission/APA Board and ACSP Governing Board
- February 2022: PAB releases final 2022 Accreditation Standards
- January 1, 2023: Effective date of implementation of 2022 Accreditation Standards
PAB Accreditation Standards Review Task Force Members
A special-purpose task force composed of representatives from ACSP, AICP and PAB was formed to assist with the review and revision of the 2017 accreditation standards. The Accreditation Standards Review task force gathered recommendations and suggested improvements to the standards to assist with the development of draft 1 of the PAB standards. From October – December 2020, the task force conducted 6 public forums via Zoom to solicit input from stakeholders. The task force also conducted an online survey from February 9 through March 12, 2021.