Student and Faculty Data
All accredited programs are required to submit Annual Reports each January 31, wherein they report demographic data on students and faculty as of December 31 of the prior year. Data collected since 2010 is available in a dynamic online database searchable by region, state, institution type or degree level. Data available includes student race and ethnicity by gender and enrollment status; foreign students by gender and enrollment status; faculty race and ethnicity by gender and teaching status; foreign faculty by gender and teaching status; faculty with AICP status; and student/teaching faculty ratio.
The Annual Report Online Database (AROD) for Student and Faculty Composition in PAB-accredited Programs
To use AROD, click here.
Please note, by clicking the link you will exit the PAB website.
The spreadsheets below date to the PAB’s initial data collection period, prior to the development of the AROD database. The race and ethnicity tables in the 2009 Annual Report were updated to match US Census categories. In 2010, the Annual Report was transitioned to a web-based application.
- 2009 Master’s students (Excel) 2009 Bachelor’s students (Excel)
- 2008 Master’s students (Excel) 2008 Bachelor’s students (Excel)
- 2009 Master’s faculty (Excel) 2009 Bachelor’s faculty (Excel)
- 2008 Master’s faculty (Excel) 2008 Bachelor’s faculty (Excel)
The following reports provide aggregate data from the PAB Annual Report on faculty and students enrolled in PAB-accredited programs. Report data includes: student enrollment by race and ethnicity; foreign student enrollment; faculty headcount and status; faculty race and ethnicity; foreign faculty; and mean faculty per institution.
1985 article by Don Krueckeberg, The Tuition of American Planning; From Dependency Toward Self-Reliance (PDF), provides historic information on planning school enrollment data and shifting alliances between design and social science. Copyright © Liverpool University Press.
- Distance Education in PAB-accredited Graduate Planning Programs (2015, PDF)
- Credit Hour Requirements in PAB-accredited Graduate Planning Programs (2015, PDF)
- Distance Education Offerings (2009, PDF)
- Professors of Practice (2009, PDF)
- Non-planning PhDs Among Full-Time Faculty (2009, PDF)